School Memorandum of Understanding
Thank you for choosing the Thai as a second Language School for your Thai language studies. TSL is a language school approved by the Thai Ministry of Education. In order to learn the Thai language, we provide quality education to our students to help them to adapt easily to the Thai lifestyle and culture with an efficient method, enjoyable lessons, and professional and experienced teachers.
In order to maximize the effectiveness of the tutoring sessions provided to students, we have created the Memorandum of Agreement to highlight what you can expect from us and what we expect of students. This memorandum is simply a way that we can maintain clear and effective communication with our clients.
Registration and Tuition Fees
Before a class can be offered and confirmed, you must:
- Pay for the group course or the agreed upon private session hours in its entirety.
- Complete the personal data form.
- Sign the TSL Memorandum of Understanding.
- Registration fees will not be refunded once a course has been allocated. Although we do not anticipate any issues with course offerings, if TSL is unable to start the course as scheduled, we will refund the money to our customers.
- All subsequent group courses and private lessons must be booked and paid for before the start of the course.
- We offer a one-time, free course introductory session for new clients that want to observe one of our group classes before booking a course.
To make the most of each private tutoring session, our students are expected to:
- Schedule a minimum of four one-hour tutoring sessions and we prefer that it occur at least once per week.
- Arrive on time for each scheduled tutoring session.
- Come prepared with all necessary course material, such as workbook, notepad, completed homework assignment and specific questions.
- Be active participants during the tutoring session.
Group Class Attendance policy:
- Missed classes will not be made up and will be counted against your payment.
- Although we prefer to provide you with the same teacher for each lesson. However, due to some scheduling circumstances, the TSL School reserves the right to replace the teacher.
Please note: Students who have two “no shows” without notifying the TSL administration (more than 24 hours before the starting time of the lesson) or more than three cancellations will be dropped from the tutoring schedule.
If you must arrive late for the scheduled tutoring session due to unavoidable circumstances, you are expected to…
- Contact TSL School as soon as possible by calling or texting to 096-926-4016, 088-267- 2286
Please note: The tuition fee is calculated according to the time stipulated in the schedule, and no adjustment shall be made for the time lost because of late arrival by the student. However, we may agree to extend the tutoring session to cover the amount of time that was lost through the late arrival, if possible to do so.
No Show Policy
You will be considered a “no show” if you miss the scheduled tutoring session without calling to notify TSL School. In such case, you can be expected to…
- 1st No Show: receive a call, an e-mail or a text, reminding you of the policy, and advising you that you are being subjected to the “no show policy”.
- 2nd No Show: receive an e-mail or a text, informing you that you have been removed from TSL School tutoring schedule.
Please note: This No Show Policy is necessary to safeguard bookings and allow TSL School to fulfil any vacant slots for other students who are more committed to their studies.
Cancellation and Postpone Policy
If you must cancel or postpone a scheduled tutoring session, you are expected to…
- Contact TSL School as soon as possible, at least 24 hours prior to tutoring session due to begin.
- If you cancel the lesson in less than 24 hours before the starting time we cannot re – schedule or postpone the lesson will be deducted from your contract with no – refund.
- If you wish to postpone a lesson you must notify the TSL School more than 24 hours before the starting time of the lesson. Usually the lesson will be postponed to the end of your course on the regular day, at the regular time.
- Re-schedule the tutoring session to a more agreeable time with no penalty when 24 hours’ notice is given.
- Except in special circumstances, it is possible to re – schedule or change the lesson time or lesson day as stated in the contract depends on the discretion of the TSL School.
- Pay the full (100%) tuition fee for the cancelled tutoring session if you cannot re-schedule the tutoring session that month.
- Pay the full (100%) tuition fee for that cancelled tutoring session if less than 24 hours is given.
- The TSL School reserves the right to postpone a lesson. In this event you will be given 24 hours notice.
- In the unlikely event of the TSL School cancelling your lesson within 24 hours of the starting time, that lesson will be postponed and you will receive one extra lesson free of charge.
Please note: For students attending Group Classes, please check the Monthly Class Time to re-schedule to a more agreeable class time. In the case of Private Tuition, the re-scheduling depends largely on TSL School availability, and students will be expected to pay the full (100%) tuition fee if a more agreeable time cannot be reached. However, students will have the opportunities to make up the time later on.
If you wish to take a break from your course of study, you are expected to…
- Give TSL School at least one-week notice.
- Keep your usual weekly/monthly tutoring days and times, if taking leave, no more than one month.
- Be aware that your usual tutoring days and times cannot be kept open, if you are going to be away for more than one month at any one time.
Please note: Students who have been away for more than one month will be asked to re-register for the course upon their return. In case of Private Tuition, students will be required to pay the full (100%) tuition fee for those weeks on holiday in order to keep their usual tutoring days and time.
Course Withdrawal Policy
If you need to terminate the tutoring agreement, you are expected to…
- Provide TSL School with at least one-week notice.
- Be responsible for remaining tutoring sessions scheduled during your final week.
If you would like to cancel the course or withdraw during the course you are expected to inform through an in-person conversation with the school principle…
- If cancellation occurs at more than 30 days prior to beginning of the course, you get a refund of the course amount, minus a 15% cancellation fee.
- If cancellation occurs within 30 days prior to the beginning of the course, there is no refund, unless we can replace you. In which case, a 15% cancellation fee applies.
- We offer a free trial lesson; you can observe a class before you apply for admission so, if you would like to cancel the course or withdraw during the course – the registration fee is not refundable.
- At no circumstances the registration fee will be refunded once a course has been allocated and all the information have been provided by TSL School.
For students attending Group Classes, please understand it is very difficult to teach a class of students with varied levels of English and keep every student content. Students will gain maximum benefit if they learn together with student of similar ability.
Please remember that cancellations and rearrangements can be very disruptive for the school and teachers. As protection against unexpected loss of income, and compensation for the loss of alternatively work, we hope that this is acceptable and that all students appreciate the reasons for such policy.
Contact: 08.30 AM. – 19.30 PM.: are our office hours. (The class open at 8.30 AM. – 21.00 PM.)
Phone: 096-926-4016, 091-070- 1001
We can prepare a price quote regarding your request and needs. We can also arrange an appointment to meet you in person in order to present our services to your company through a free demonstration.
We at the Thai as a Second Language School will do our best to accommodate all of your needs and to provide a beneficial learning environment. Thank you.
Rungrawee Intasueb (Tangkwa)
TSL School Principal