Tips of learning
• Learning about all the basic consonants and understanding exactly how to pronounce them.
• Learning about the vowels and practice pronouncing all vowels; the vowels are the hardest thing to pronounce because you have to get the shape of your mouth just right.
• Learning about the tones, learn the less common consonants and the more complicated (‘combination’) vowels and practice reading simple Thai words.
• Start to practice reading whole sentences without spaces. (In Thai, we don’t need spaces!)
• By the end of the course you’ll be able to sound out any Thai word accurately with the correct tone. You won’t necessarily understand all what you are reading – that comes later by keep practicing. From now you can continuously absorb Thai independently, direct from the living dictionary that surrounds us.